The Magli story began early last century when the three Magli siblings, Marino, Maria and Bruno, started a small business in the basement of their home in Bologna, Italy. The three siblings began to take in contract work after learning in a cobbler's workshop the art of crafting a shoe.
The basement was soon transformed into a real artisan workshop. Soon after, the first factory was set up in 1936, otherwise known as The Magli Shoe Factory (Calzaturifico Magli). The footwear that was produced, illustrated extreme flexibility and functionality, which became the Magli trademark and defined its industrial debut. Shortly after the Second World War, exports abroad began and the first shop opened in Bologna, Italy. As foreign trade to the United States began in the 1950s, the brand introduced the famous "Magli Moccasin" with an additional exclusive introduction to a specialty range for men. A decade later, the Bruno Magli brand introduced their range of specialty for women by introducing the court shoe, the stiletto heel and the pointed toe.
The beauty and innovation of the designs were quickly recognized and embraced internationally. Quickly, Bruno Magli became a leader in design, fabrication and commercialization of high-quality fashion shoes.